Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Huge Scare!

In honour of Uncle A visiting us in Dubai again... there was a gathering arranged to be held in Uncle Ryo's restaurant... which made Ace very happy...

Because we had a really huge group, we were not seated inside the Japanese restaurant like we usually are but seated in the next restaurant right beside it.

That's Ace with his fav Japanese Chef, Uncle Ryo:)




When the food was served, Ace got really bored... that he started eating the handkerchiefs they gave you to wipe your hands!


And so, in order to keep him occupied, I told him I will lend him my phone and he can go and take pictures

But it seemed that could have been a wrong move...

Cos Ace was feeling bored and then he was there at the tank, happily snapping the pictures of the crab and then, suddenly without warning, the chef lifted the crab out of the tank, turned around and chopped the alaskan crab into two right in front of ACE!

I happened to be looking in that direction and saw what was happening and those few seconds seemed to happen like they were in slow mo...

When the knife went down, you could see MASSIVE SHOCK register on Ace's face... and then, there was intense guilt and Ace started crying out aloud in public for a long time and asked me why they killed the crab... till the waiter came and find out what happened.. something he hasnt done in a while.. And I quickly hugged him and tell him it is ok and that it is not his fault.... And that it is ok.. He was crying really hard like he was grieving for the crab and kept telling me, "I don't want it to die.. i don't want it to die..." I guess this explains why he is vegeterian...

I have attended many psychology related workshops and I remember my teacher told us once that whenever we see people or things around us die.. the first psychological response is always guilt because we feel it is our fault that they died... that is why I told him it is not his fault..

When he finally calmed down a little... I told him it is not his fault that he died. Then I explained to him that the fact that the crab is in this tank means one day, someone will buy it.. and they will kill it and someone else will eat it...

"But I didn't know he will die today!" he continued crying... "I thought he is going to die some other day!!!"

So I told him the only thing we can do for the poor animal now is to say a prayer for the crab that it will rest in peace.

Actually, this really got me thinking... if children were exposed to animal killings at a young age, will they all choose to become vegetarians?

Anyway, managed to settle Ace and help him get over this... I just wondered if this was a good lesson or not or whether I should have handed him my phone to take pictures... But well.. I guess everything in life happens for  a reason...

The irony of it? After this episode... all the fishes and other foods are served...

Anyway, this is the first time I get to taste Ryo's non veg meals :) NICE! Sushi!!!


Vegeteran soup... Is very interesting and light taste.. but is nice:)

Ace's favourite!
Teriyaki chicken salad!

And I ate this raw prawn.. that I had never eaten before...  I didn't know prawn meat is SWEET! I also had a chance to eat raw scallops.. it is really sweet.. I am no fan of seafood but I think it is really good quality food we  are eating here:)



Ace is happy just to eat is inari... He ran to Uncle Ryo and asked him if he will be getting ice cream and Uncle Ryo say he will only be served ice cream if he finishes his food.. so he made me take this pic of him eating.. so tat he can show uncle ryo., hahahahahah


Anyway, he finally got his mochi ice cream and was dam happy!:)

Previous Post: Bugged!

No comments: