Saturday, October 12, 2013

Don't Support Barrilla!

 Some time back, there was  a report about people boycotting this pasta brand called Barilla because the CEO made some insensitive remarks about gays and asking gay people to go eat some other brand of pasta...

While I was cooking pasta... as we were using this particular brand, I shared with Ace about this story and Ace was very indignant... "How can he say that? Every body is the same in the heart what.. we all are the same.."

And then, he was determined to boycott this brand too...

That is... till we came to the supermarket and saw the pasta... There was a PROMOTION going on... and it was relatively cheaper compared to the other brands.

"Mummy.. boycott this brand... we dun use this brand.. the boss so mean... "

I don't agree with what the CEO said and I felt it was quite insensitive of him to say that but we cannot change a person's personal opinion just because we do not support the company he works for...  besides, i see no point in going against my pocket..

So I just took a promo pack and put it in the basket...

I was amused to see Ace put the pack back immediately while grumbling.. "Cannot support Barrilla.. bad boss..."

"Oi, this brand cheapest leh.. save money leh.." I told him.


THAT got Mr Kiam Siap's attention.. and so he turned around and said, "I just trying to get a better box... this box is is lan4 lan4 already.."

*rolls eyes*

PS: While supermarketing.. saw this super big cabbage.. bigger than Ace face.. so he wanted to take picture with it.. hahhaha..

Previous Post: You Party, I Also (Sort Of) Party

No comments: