Friday, October 18, 2013

You Don't Respect Kindness


The other day, Ace came up with his own "quiz" and asked me this..

"If I told you I am going to give you something and you had a choice among these items... $1000, a piece of pizza or a sandwich... which will you choose?"

I told him I will choose $1000.

"Orh, you don't respect kindness" he said and told me that if people want to give you food, you should accept and be thankful and not want money instead.

I told him what he says is true only if you were hungry and the only thing that the other person offered you is food..

In this case, his question implied he was giving a gift to me.. and I was given a choicec... since $1000 has a higher value than a pizza or a sandwhich.. since I can do more with it.. I can buy more pizza to share or buy more sandwhiches for my family... or I can invest and grow that $1000, of course I will choose the money... it doesnt mean that I don't respect kindness ... it just means I am SMART! wahahahahaha

And so he thought very long and hard about it..

The next day, we were watching this mermaid show called Aquamarine.. which is about this mermaid who came to land to find true love. At the end of the movie, the mermaid said that if you help the mermaid do something...  you will get one wish in return....

I asked Ace what will he wish for if he could do that...

"I will wish for never ending supply of money..." he said.

"Orh... you dun respect kindness..." I teased him.. hahahaahahha... He was at loss for words.. hahahahaha...

But now that I think back, I think he made that point because that is what I always tell him when his godmas want to buy presents for him, I will always remind him to choose something within their budget and explain to him that we have to appreciate what people give us and not always think about money.. hahaha...

Previous Post:  Ace Makes Breakfast For Daddy


No comments: