Thursday, October 31, 2013

Weevil Attack!

When you are overseas and see a familiar brand.. chances are, it will remind you of home and you will want to buy from that particular brand..

That was the case for us when we came across the Royal Umbrella Thai Fragrant Rice that is very popular in Singapore due to the fact that they have lots of ads and sponsor lots of entertainment shows...

We had been buying this brand for for a few months and it has served us well so far... but hor, when we tried to buy the One Rinse Only type of rice.. we were sorely let down...

When we returned home and opened up the pack of rice, it was INFESTED WITH WEEVILS.. and I mean INFESTED! There were at least I think 100 weevils in that 10kg packet of rice!

I tried to go through the packet of rice and take out the weevils.. this is how it looked like after I had gone through half a packet of rice...

This is how disgusting it looked when I opened the packet of rice...

Never again will I buy this brand:(

I even found quite a few of those hollowed out rice that has a weevil living in it! Must have been having party there for very long for it to hallow out!

Took me 2 hours to go through the rice... it was back breaking hard job.. but when Max came home, he said he wanted to throw the rice away.. not worth it if we die of poison.. I feel so sayang mah.. that is why I tried to salvage.. but after thinking through, I think better play safe.. cos now that Ace has seen the weevils.. he refused to eat rice from that packet or any rice that I cooked from the previous leftover packet cos he is sure there will be weevils inside.. hahaha :)

Sigh.. waste my time. I want to write in to complain leh.. one rinse how come still so many weevils.. but also cannot find the company website to complain to :(

Previous Post: Ace Makes Lagsane

No comments: