Friday, December 26, 2014

A Magical Christmas

My friends messaged me one day and asked if I will be interested to go to Kota Tinggi for a 2 day one night trip.

The name Kota Tinggi brings me happy memories as it is one of the few places I remember my dad bringing the whole family to when I was young. My memory of this place was that the water was sparkling clear and that it was very cold... and that if you were not careful, you could fall off those very slippery stones and it was very painful cos you will bleed.

I thought it will be nice if I can bring Ace and recreate some happy memories there as well. Alas, Max was not free cos he said he needed to work on Boxing Day. But well, just as well cos V asked me if I wanted to bunk in with her and her son, L. I remembered the two kids met at a previous gathering and got along quite well since both liked ipad games, I thought, "Why not?" And agreed to go.

We thought it will be a rather short journey and quite easy to go in just two cars... but our car made the wrong turn andso we arrived at the resort earlier. Since we were not to heck in yet.. we just camwhore on inside the car..

Very thankful that I am in V's car as she prepared so many things for the children to eat. Phew.. because of her bread and peanut butter...and her Vita Soy milk, I dun need to hear Ace complain he is hungry or thirsty.. :) I feel like such a ill prepared mother next to her.. wahaha.. but I am happy taht so many pple help me take care of Ace :)

The boys were so happy to take turn playing Plants Vs Zombies with each other. V joined in the fun too sometimes tohelp them complete difficult levels as she is PVZ Queen:)

I did not remember this place having a slide. I think I prefer it without the slide as I think the natural look of the waterfall is nicer...

Alas, the water is no longer crystal clear like how I remembered it...

While waiting for our other friends in the other car to arrive, we were looking at the waterfall area and I was telling Ace we have tickets to go there and perhaps he can go for a swim...

"Huh.. mummy, can we just go and walk walk but dun go into the pool? You see the water so dirty.. wait I play there, the water get into my mouth and then I swallow it and I die how?" Wahahahahaha...

Even though I think Ace is very kua zhang, seeing the murky, dirty water, I also decided that I dun want to go into the water lor..

Cam whoring while L is asleep and V went out to see if we can check in already..


Our friends are finally here and so  we are going to the waterfall park to explore a little:)





Group photo:)

As it is a PH, it was really crowded..

Check out the murky water.. no thanks.. Happy to just walk around..






We kept walking upwards till we came to the highest waterfall and then made our way down again... i was so afraid that Ace will slip or fall but as he is gor gor and there were so many pple.. Ace tried to play hero and look calm even though he too was a little frightened when we were climbing upwards.. ;) wahahaha..



When we walked down, Mr Mafan says there are things that went into his shoe..so have to sit down to remove them..

OMG! The swimming costumes on sale look like those from the 70s lor!:)

Check out the distorted Mickey Mouse ride:)

Then we went to the restaurant and tried to order food but they couldnt really understand english and most things in the menu were not available and so we just ordered a few things and quickly ate before we went into our rooms..


Ace and L with our room key...

Our room was very sad story lah.. so I din take pictures. In fact, it is so sad story I was very very worried Ace will KPKB.. luckily.. he was engrossed in L's company and so it was ok lah. For starters, the room is really old. There is no TV, the toilet door cannot be locked totally and the tap cannot be turned off totally. The water is yellow in color (so the kids brushed teeth with mineral water) and I could hear one irritating lizard singing THE WHOLE NIGHT in between my sleep cycles!

But the boys were happy lah.. they were running around the room and playing their PVZ.. and then when they come across difficult levels, they will ask THE QUEEN to play for them..

And then they will declare... "The Queen is in action!"

Then they will run round and round the room and every now and then, they will will over and peep over V's shoulder and ask, "How is the Queen doing?"

And then they will shout in unison.. "The queen is awesome!"

Wahahahahaha....

After that, we were all tired out from waking early and took a nap before we went out for dinner.. we are going for dinner and will be going for a Firefly Cruise after that:)



Alas, we drove around and cannot find food.. cos most vegeterian restaurants are closed by 6pm... Took these photos while waiting in the car for a decision where we should go. In the end, we decided to try go find this famous pumpkin noodles but the GPS brought us to this place with zi char.. aiyah.. just eat lah:) hahaha..

After our meal, we tried to find the firefy park... but the GPS dua us and we went round and round and round in circles. After driving for another hour, we finally found the park!

Alas, we missed out on the best time to watch the fireflies. We were told the earlier boat that went out said they saw MANY fireflies...

Anyway, we had to wait for the boat to come back before we can go out again.

While waiting, I noticed they had some Tian Deng for sale and told my friends and then everyone started buying and writing their wishes on their sky lanterns..


Aunty V says she will buy Ace one as a xmas present and here is Ace deciding which one to buy...

He finally chose an orange one:)

The big words are my wishes:) Hehehehe...

Meanwhile, the others are letting go of their lanterns to the sky... one by one..

Ace's wishes... for all his wishes to come true...

To have 1 million dollars...  To have good results...

No more viruses and immunity against them..

Live a loooooooooong life.... No global warming...

Be happy!!

Those at the top are mine lah:) hahaha.. I wished for world peace, good health, abundance, love and good luck for my family.. and also a SG50 baby:) hahahah


Ready to light up the lantern liao!:)







Bye bye.. lantern!:)

Maybe it is because Ace has so many wishes for the world.. we recieved EXTRA blessings! When Ace's lantern went up, there was a meteor that flew past! The lady who helped up light up our lanterns says she has been selling these sky lanterns and helping people for more than 10 years and this is the first time she has seen something like tat...

HONGGGGGGGG!



Now we are all ready to go on our journey..

A wefie before we go on the boat..

Another wefie when on the boat..


I did not manage to get any good photos... so i got this from the internet...

we saw very faint, flickering lights... they look like Christmas lights on christmas trees.. but not as bright.. It was magical!:)

This is how they look like up close and personal..

Halfway in our trip, the boatman shine the light to show us this huge lizard on the tree.. dunno how he knows the lizard is there lor.. pitch darkness leh:)

It was a very special christmas experience and Ace says it is so magical!:)


After that we played with some sparkles and then it was time to go home:)


That night, the two brothers very hao xiong di lor..
say they wanted to bath together and so they did. After that, they played more games and then it was time for bed... Everyone K.O. also since it has been a long long day:)

Breakfast in the hotel was also a sad story.. we just ate little bit.. the boys had peanut butter and sandwiches again:) hwahaahahah.. and drove back to JB for a good meal..

After so many days.. finally had ONE GOOD MEAL:) wahahahaha





Our two idols posing.. hahahaha :)

L looks like Xiao Jingteng.. so leh, we named the toufu that he likes to eat, XIAO HUN DOU FU.. wahahahaha...

And the noodles he likes to eat XIAO ZHANG MIAN (cos his own surname is ZHANG).

Innovative right?

As we had an appt in sgp, we went back while the others headed off to catch a movie.

So thankful to V for driving us there and back and for being so generous with us.

I had a great time even though I was not feeling very well and needless to say, Ace had a whale of a good time. The only regret is that Max did not join us.

PS: Max said initially he will come find us on 26th morning. I was wondering why he will do that. Later, he said he NEVER said that... (even though Ace heard him say that too) and said he had to work on 26th.. so he cannot join us... IN THE END LEH??? Mr A.S. spent whole day nua at home lor! Chey....

Previous Post: Christmas Party

No comments: