Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Nini In Changi Village

So as to help Ace improve his Chinese, I decided that starting from now, Ace will only be allowed to borrow as many english books as chinese books.

So the other day, while we were in the library, I was looking for interesting chinese books and I came across a book called Ni Ni In Changi Village.

As it was filled with pictures and very little words and looked more like comic book, I suggested to Ace that he borrowed it. Initially, he was not really interested but after flipping through and seeing so many pictures, he said OK.



And I am really glad tat we borrowed this book..

Cos once I started reading to Ace, I found out that this book is about a cheeky little girl called Nini growing up in Changi Village and it gave Ace an insight to how schools were like in Popo's time... and also an insight to the life and the culture of the yester years... It also gave Ace an insight to the games that we played with..



It also taught some "rhymes" we were familiar with when young like "Orh yee orh, tarzan boh cheng kor.." hahahaha..

We really enjoyed the book.. such that when it was due to be returned and we havent finished reading it, me and Ace sat down and GONG CHA and read the book for 1 hour.. till we finished before returning;)

The downside was that Ace tried to do the Orh Yee Orh Tarzen boh cheng kor thing in front of my older friends who were like my parent's age and they were like.. "Who taught you this.." and Ace went.. "Mummy.."

"Huh? Your mummy teach you this kind of things ah... "

Faint!

But well, I already learnt a long time back that to be a parent, one of the prerequisites is to be THICK SKIN...  Hahahaha...

PS: If you are interested in the book or to read more, you can visit the Author's website:http://fannylai.com/nini-in-changi-village/

Previous Post:  Joker Ace



No comments: