Friday, December 12, 2014

Ace Does Volunteer Work: Visit to S.E.A Aquarium With Some Senior Citizens

Our Lions Club arranged for an outing for 40 seniors from Lion Befrienders in Lengkok Bahru.. The plan is to bring them to the S.E.A Aquarium in Sentosa and then bring them to the hawker near their place for tea.

Last minute, they had extra tickets and so me and Ace went along and that in itself was a pretty good idea cos Ace made himself quite useful:)


First off, Ace helped to be a photographer and helped us take group photo.. nice boh:) Hahahaha


Ace was very excited cos they gave him a Merry Fishmas Activity sheet.. he thought that if he collected all the info inside the activity sheet, he will get a prize. I told him it is just a fun thing for him to do so halfway, he was very disappointed and decided to give up searching for the info and just look look see see...

Dun ask me why got this sort of display in an aquarium...

We even saw something very familiar and close to our hearts:) hahahaha

We walked furthur in and there was this segment with pirates' weapons and Ace was like, "AWESOME!!!!!"


As it is xmas, they decorated the inside of the aquariums with lots of fanciful stuff




Ace still trying hard to complete the activity sheet before he found out it doesnt give him any present:) wahahaha

Pinocchio fish?? Wahahahahahaha...


Love the sea horses:)

Too bad the seas dragon is hiding...

They had a coral that you can touch... so pretty right

Look ma, christmas tree in the aquarium!:)

This is what we call a school of fish... When I told Ace that.. he rolled his eyes and went... "I know I know..."

Saw the dolphin resting and these kids who were pretending to stroke him.. given tat dolphins are very intelligent creatures.. i wonder what this dolphin was thinking of..

I just love watching stingrays swim..

Such beautiful corals...

What a strange looking fish!

Alaskan crabs.. anyone?:)

Speaking of which.. i was very very amused when we walked into the aquarium and the first thing I overheard the old folks saying was something along the lines of...

"Oh, this fish tastes very good when you deep fry.... that fish is very good when you steam with just some ginger and seasoning..."

Wahahahahahahahahahah... Guess the ah gong and ah mas are not really interested in seeing the fishes.. maybe next time bring them go and eat fish is a better idea:)

This is my favourite part.. the mysterious and beautiful jelly fishes:)


Reminds me of the octopus that can predict world cup results..





check out these cute jelly fishes tat look like mushrooms:)

Seemed that the younger ones will have BLACK heads... I wonder why...


I could stand there and watch them forever.. Alas, Ace was not that impressed and the seniors were all in a hurry to reach the end of the exhibits...

I must say it was useful to have Ace around cos he can help go male toilet to check if any uncle  left behind also....  I am quite impressed he very brave to go into toilet by himself and even shout aloud.."Uncle, anyone inside or not?" cos he usually paiseh to do this sort of thing..


My favourite sting ray at work! ;)




Glow in the dark corals, anyone?

These look like brains to me..



Dory and NEMO!:)

I think this fish is so funny.. the eyes look like a sun.. make it look par jiao:) hahahaha

Saw this eel hiding somewhere between the rocks...

At first glance, this fish looks so elegant and cute... then hor, realized it is actually very naughty lor.. keep disturbing the eel till the eel BTH and hide furthur inside the hole...



Puffer fish exhibit.. this is DRIED puffer fish. . I never thought a real life pufferfish looks SO HILARIOUS!:)


A close up for DORY

The beautiful LION FISH:)


Super big and lazy looking eels.. actually I think they look quite scary..



So difficult to take pics of the sharks..



Time for group photos:)




Ace wanted very much to buy a souvenior... but walking through the whole shop.. this is the only thing he liked... alas, he does not like the PRINTEd picture tat says SINGAPORE on it..  I told him he can go to the seaside and pick more of such shells in that case:) hahahah

Next, we went to the hawker.. thank goodness Ace was there. I was in charge of a table of 5 aunties and they did not want to make things difficult for me and ordered all from the same stall..

BUT it was difficult to bring their food over one time.. so Ace helped me and I din have to walk so many rounds:)

Finally, when the old folks have their meal, we can have ours:) Yeah!

After that, the very kind, Aunty M walked us to the MRT and we took the MRT to meet Max... Not knowing where to go, we ended up having dinner with friends in Suntec city:) So great to meet up with them after so long:)


Saw this new thing called ALIVE MUSEUM there.. Ace cannot help it but want to pose for some pics..

I must say that Suntec City is totally different from how I remembered it.. my office used to be there.. it used to be my playground.. albiet a pretty boring one.. I have been there now and then when I am back in Singapore during my stint in Dubai but this time round I was impressed with the shops they had and all the interesting things I found there.. Eg Success Bookshop, Teo Heng Karaoke...

And during xmas, they even had this section filled with cardboard boxes for anyone to build things.. wat a fabulous idea!


 Ace built a robot hand for himself:)


Alas, when we went back a few weeks later, this playground was no longer there...

All in all, an exciting day for Ace.

PS: Did you notice tat Ace is wearing a shirt of a shark tat says CAN I HAVE A BITE? Recently he has been choosing is outfit based on events and so he says he chose this because we were going to the SEA Aquarium. Hahaha..

Previous Post:Nini In Changi Village

No comments: