Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Gardens By The Bay - Part 1 Flower Dome

Since Gardens By The Bay was built, we have been talking about visiting. Somehow though, our visits back home to Singapore is always totally packed and we just havent found time to go.

Also because I was working in the last two long trips home, I haven't really had a chance to spend much time with my parents or even go for a family meal with them. Besides, my dad is also very keen to travel to KL with us for a holiday.

Alas, my um and Max were not able to find a day where they can both take leave and so we decided that we will just find time and go somewhere in Singapore. So happens that my sis and bro in law were also clearing leave and then we came up with a plan to hang out together for the whole day:)

 The first part of the plan was that we will still send C to school and while he is in school, our family will meet up and go for lunch together.

That is because Zeng Popo says her legs are no good.. so she probably cannot join us for the Gardens By The Bay trip and so we said she can just join us for lunch.

We went for lunch at Putien but my dad says next time, dun need to spend so much.. we can just go to some zichar stall.. cheap and good:) wahahaha..

After lunch, we went home and my sis went to pick her son from childcare.

Apparently, my nephew C already overheard our plans to go out the night before.. so that morning, he refused to go to school cos he insisted he wanted to go out with Daddy and Mummy... only when they told him that they have to go out first and only bring him out in the afternoon after school then he was willing to go..

After we picked C and he had his milk and a change of clothes, we were all ready to go!:)


 It is Christmas and so there were many Christmas decorations...


 I love the dragonflies on the christmas tree:)

 Ace holding on to all our tickets...

 What an interesting Christmas Tree!



 We bought tickets for both the Flower Dome and the Cloud Dome and decided to go to the Flower Dome first.

The name FLOWER DOME sounds like it is going to be filled with flowers. Thoughts of the Gulhane Palace Park came to my mind and I was really excited to go in.

However, when I went in, I was slightly disappointed because the flowers were sparse and perhaps it is because the purpose of the park was to look beautiful.. so the grew all the same flowers in a large quantity and it looked absolutely breath-taking. But the flower dome's  purpose seems to be to host as wide a range of fowers as possible and so there are many different types of flowers but they are sparsely grown and thus less beautfiful than the Gulhane Palace Park.

But still it is interesting lah.. we underestimated the aircon though and my mum was really glad she brought a sweater along...

 Inside the flower dome, there were this series of animal statues that were made from some sort of tree bark or something. It is really beautiful. Here is one in the shape of a goose or a swan.. hahaha :) Dunno lah, I cannot tell..

 Actually i am a little disappointed with the so called Christmas decor.. not really much to create any hoo ha lor..


 Running horses..


 This flower is very cute.. looks like a dancing girl..

 One iof the happiest person is Max lah.. cos hor he LOVES to take photo of flowers!:)






 Many interesting flower species...

 Max says the flower makes the satue look like it is wearing a headgear:) wahahaha..;)



 First time I see an orange tree:)



 Cannot tell here but itis a really huge tree with an interesting trunk..

 While the youngers are running around and taking photo.. the two old folks just stroll along slowly with the stroller.. also quite romantic right?:P Hahah..







 万绿之中一点蓝.... I wonder if this flower is a weed or what...

 So difficult to take a picture of all three smiling.. but two out of three also not so bad lah:)

 Saw these really white plants with white silvery leaves...  Wonder where they are from... looks like snowing like that lor:)




I think these flowers look like butterflies:)







So difficult to find a pretty rose there.. most of them are either still budding or wilted.. i think go this type of face also really depends on luck..






人有没有比花美? ;)



The dancing flowers again:)










Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...







Gor gor pose for a picture, C also copy cat:) wahahaha ;)






Taking the lift to the top level to see more flowers...


The top level is all the different type of cactus and dessert flowers I think. I thinkthey are so pretty!:)









Mr Cactus must take photo with the cactuses of course!:)

As the story goes, when Max was chasing after me, there was another guy chasing after me too. Both of them had birthday on the SAME DAY. And then on April's Fool, both of them decided to send me flowers on the same day and had them sent to office. Once sent me a bouquet of tulips and one sent me a pot of cactus.. and thus from thereon, they were both known as Mr Cactus and Mr Tulip in my office respectively:) Wahahahahaa...

No prizes for guessing who was trying to impress me by being different by sending me a pot of cactus!:)









So we finally finished walking through the flower dome and went walking around in teh shop.. saw this but wonder if anyone will really buy this:) wahahaha

Before we went to the flower dome main exhibit area, they took a photo for us and since it is a rare chance that we have such a nice family photo taken.. I paid money to buy them like a tourist would:)






After a slight rest and having some food and drinks, onward we go to the Cloud Dome.

Previous Post:Christmas Bauble Making

No comments: