Sunday, December 07, 2014

I Almost Died


Ace has been taking part in and practising hard for the the dance group.

One day, he came home after practice and complained to me... "Mummy, I almost died!"

I thought he fell down or got hurt or what and quickly visually scanned his whole body for injury. Alas, he looked mighty fine to me.

So after I asked a few more questions, here is what Ace told me...

He said he was fooling around with his friends and they started pushing each other and throwing each other's water bottles around. There was a Sunshine Aunty (the aunties who help to take care of the children) who said they are not to talk and then he still continued to talk and Sunshine Aunty said if they keep talking, she will stuff a bao into their mouths.

I was thinking it is a manner of expression right.. so wat is so big deal about it..

And with much drama and aplomb, Ace continued.. "She really stuffed the bao into my mouth.. she pushed the bao so hard I fell...."

But I know Ace has been prone to be dramatic sometimes and also I think he is at fault first for talking when he shouldnt.. so before I said anything else, I told him that I think he should first think about why people will do that.. was he supposed to talk at that time? Was he doing what he should be doing?

Ace was a indignant and said that he was vegetarian... and the bao she used was charsiew bao.. and he might have died if he swallowed the bao (cos he had allergic reactions after eating some laksa and I told him might be due tot he heh bee inside). Now that I think back, I think he was likely a little over reacting cos he thought he was getting killed.. hahaha:)

Turns out that when he told his dad the same story on the way home in the car, his dad also same reaction as me.. tell him that he is at fault for talking in the first place:) wahahaha...

But I told him I will feedback about the SA pushing the bao on him lah. I also think it is not a good thing for the SA to be physical in whatever case because it is no good for the children and also no good for her. if nothing happens it is fine but if someone is physically hurt, who can be responsible right?


So I sent the SA I know a message.

I was really impressed that 5 min after I sent the message, the said aunty who pushed the bao called me back. she said she wanted to explain to me what happened.

So turns out that she already gave ample warning to the boys to stop talking. Apparently, Ace is on very good terms with this boy who is older and they will talk to each other and they like to use words to like "fight" each other and they are the only ones who will respond to each other. She asked them to be quiet but they still talked and so she said to please dun push her and try their luck or she will push the bao into their mouths.

She apologized for doing that but she really meant no harm... and they really pushed their luck a little too far.

Also, she did not push the bao into Ace till he fell also. He was seated when she did it and she did not mean to use too much force or what. Just a reminder to them. But she noted that Ace looked at her very upset and very angry then but he said nothing.

Anyway, I also explained to her that i am really thankful for these Sunshine Aunties who are volunteers and I understand how difficult to face so many monkeys and thankful to their love and care. I just feedback not because I am upset or angry but rather becos i felt it is not a good idea to use physical force when dealing with the kids.


Anyway, I told Ace about our conversation and then I left it at that lah. Ace also dun have ge ye chou type..

Imagine my surprise when two days later, the SA sent me a really long message and asked me to let Ace read.

The message went like this...

Dear Ace,

I wish to sincerely apologize to you with regards to what happened on Sunday. I have no intention to use force and cause any hurt to you deep in my heart. I very much wanted you to grow. Just like any mother,. This growth is not physical growth in height or weight but in character, integrity, human revolution. To me, all the lion cubs are my children. A mother will use various method to t4aech their children. yes, aunty had chosen a tough medicine for you to swallow. Sincerely apologis4e for causing you distress. Please do your best for YFP, other Aunty will take care of you.

Aunty XX

I told Max about it and he smiled and said the message came two days later.. the aunty must have chanted very long and hard before writing this message.. :)

But well, power of NMHRGK and heartfelt dialogue- Ace's reply was like this:

Dear Aunty XX, I am not upset or angry anymore. I feel sad when i read your message as part of hat happened was caused by me. I am sorry I played with my friend and caused you to beocme angry. in future, i will not do this again. I will do my best for YFP. I wish you all the best.

Yours sincerely, Ace

And Ace literally beamed and looked like a load is off his heart.

I din ask what happen after the next few practice. I just let it be.. since it is over and done with.

However, much later, when Aunty XX kept sending my pics of Ace, I deduced that they  are good friends again:) Ace even said he will miss her after YFP.

And then hor, while I was looking through the YFP pictures, I realized that I know Aunty XX! She is my fren from long time ago lor!:) Wahahaha..

We had a chat over whatsapp and a mini reunion. Haha.. She told me that Ace is a very intelligent kid and says things beyond his age.. but somehow, his maturity is not there yet :)

Wahahaha.. I explained to her that Ace studied for a few years overseas and so has slightly different approach and thinking to things...

Anyway, I myself know my son has both the "gift of INNOCENCE" and the knack for offering very unique and chim insight into things.. Hahaha..

Previous Post: Trip To The Barber's

No comments: