Tuesday, May 05, 2015

A Little Piece Of Family History





 The other day, we were in the siglap area having some food...

And then we started talking about the Chua family family history... and Max said that the family actually used to own a whole apartment... But it is sold now...

Previously, it was owned by the Chua family and shared amongst all the brothers and sisters in the family.

"Do you want to see it?" Max asked me...

And so he brought me there..

He said when he was young, one of the aunties who lived there took care of him so he played in that area often too...

However, I think it may not be a place with happy memories as well... For Yeye, I think the house is a reminder of how his family excluded him and his 2 brothers and denied them of their rightful inheritance... Once many moons ago, we talked about this house and as it was my fist time hearing about it and I have an inquisitive nature, I asked him a few more questions and as he went on, he started talking and crying...

I wonder though why it is called Peng's Court and not Chua's Court.. did they know eventually one of the Chuas will marry a Peng?:P wahahaha...

Previous Post: Shit Happens!

No comments: