Thursday, May 28, 2015

See You Again


Ace was listening to music while packing his room.

I went into his room to check on his progress and saw him pouting on his bed... and then the pouting became a mega big cry... When I asked him what happened after he cried beside me for like 5 minutes, he said he was listening to See You Again and by Wiz Khalifa and started to miss Lao Ma...

I told him that song was written I think in memory of Paul Walker.. who died.. that is why the lyrics resonated with him cos it is about someone missing someone who has died...

Few days later, Ace told me that he sang this song to his tuition class teacher. I think the song is growing on him.. and then he started singing again at home.. when I turned around to tell him something... he cut me short and said... "I am not going to cry this time.."

I told Ace the other day that S dreamt of Laoma walking around the house and saying, "boh nang lai..." (no one came) and Ace said that he dreamt of laoma too.. he dreamt of our family walking around with her in a beautiful garden and she fell down... and broke her hip.. and then he woke up. WHen he went back to bed.. his dream continued a year later and she recovered and was walking in the garden with us again but suddenly fell and died... I guess it is part of his trying to come to terms of what happened to laoma.

Anyway, we visited Laoma's urn at the temple the other day together with Popo, Gonggong, Ah Yee, C, Nett Nett, Meixuan Yee and her two kids... Interestingly, unlike visiting my grandfather, I was just really really happy to see my grandma again:) At any rate, happy to see them both and know that they are together now..

When I was there, I told Laoma that she dun need to think that no one came and visit her cos here we are.. the whole jim gang:) hahaha..

Afterwards, I asked Ace what he told Laoma and he said that he told her he wishes she will come back. I told him that we shouldnt wish that. Laoma may have completed everything she wanted to do on earth and in that case, there is no need for her to be back.. she can become a bodhisatva and just watch over us from where she is. If she were to come back, it means she has more lessons to learn...

Ace says that he wishes she will come back and recarnate into our family again..."Maybe she can be your baby... " He said.

I told him if that were to be the case, he has to be extra nice to her and have to feed her for that is what Laoma did for him when he was young. Haha!

But still, I think we miss them in different ways... today when I was on the bus, two older women beside me started conversing in Teochew and listening to them, I started thinking about my grandma and all the happy times we spent together..  I was so engrossed in my day dream.. I actually missed my stop!:) haha..

Previous Post: 20 Minutes

No comments: