Saturday, May 16, 2015

No Phone, Too Bad!

I have decided I am no longer to lend Ace my phone.

Nevermind if it is difficult to contact him.

Nevermind if now I am short of one handy nanny when we go out. He can look for other ways to self entertain...

Nevermind if he sulks and throws a tantrum... because he deserves it...

Sometime the end of last year, I took out my old iphone and lent it to Ace. He was so happy and started downloading games lah... starting watsapp group with his friends lah... bringing it out wherever he goes lah...

I realized though that he has started to be really "addicted" to the phone. If we dun ask him to stop.. he can watch hours of youtube...

During exam period, I noticed that he will watch videos before bedtime and so I kept the phone and told him no phone during exam period if he cannot control himself.

I thought hor, that he learnt his lesson liao lor..  so after exams, I passed the phone back to him for him to "relax".

But I noticed that these few days... he has been suffering from dark eye circles... And also, it has been difficult to wake him up in the morning when he could jump out of bed promptly at 6.30 in the past.

And the other day, when I left him to sleep on his own and went out of the room, I came back in his room to ask him something and realized that he was chanting... I asked him why he was chanting and he said he was doing so because everyday when he goes to school, he feels like shit... so he chanting to have a good day the next day.

Next day, I asked him how was his day and he said it was not too bad. So I left it at that.

But last night.. after he had gone to bed, his dad asked me if he had brushed his teeth... it was already almost 9.45pm (his usual bedtime is 9pm) and so I went in to check if he is still awake...

He jumped up in fright when he realized I was in his room cos he was plugged on to his phone and so engrossed in it he did not see me till too late.

But Ace being Ace, he was also quick to tell me what happened before I even asked..

"I am watching video.." he said sheepishly...

So I told him I am not going to lend him my phone already anymore if he cannot discipline himself and know how to do the right thing at the same time.

Now all the dark eye circles, all the cannot wake up and feeling like shit makes sense....

Sigh...

Next day, he woke as usual and I prepared the same things as usual for him and never talk to him unless necessary...

Only when he returned home from school and kept calling me and I ignore him that he realized.. he forgot to do one thing.... APOLOGIZE...

After he apologized, I told him that I worry most that he is not strong or not healthy... If he does not take care now, when he is old, he will be sick easily... and it is no fun being sick...  Like Yeye, he is not even in his 70s yet but already cannot do this cannot do that because of his health issues... and it is no fun being sick. So have to take care when young.. I explained to him that when Yeye was young, he did not have people to take care of him and when he got older, he tried to take good care of himself but even so also will be sick.. what is more if he dun take care of himself since young...

Sigh...

I think hor, if he wants me to lend him the phone again, must 约法三章already.. Number one must chant 1 hour everyday... wahahahaha:) Number two, must pass the phone to me at 9pm everyday... hahahahaha... 

I will slowly think of number 3....

Previous post: Fail Meh?

No comments: