Monday, August 09, 2010

Do Sperms Have Eyes?

The other day, I was talking about pregnancy with Ace again... Ace asked me how come XX is pregnant but her tumny is so small. I told him it is because now the baby is like a tiny pea.. it is very very small.. so the tummy is not big. Only if the baby grows later, then the tummy will start to grow as the baby grows.

And then he started asking me a whole load of questions about the birds and bees again..

Ace: So how did the baby get into the tummy?

Me: When a man and woman make baby, the man's sperm will go into the woman's womb and try to find the egg. When they find each other, they will come together and become a baby.

Ace: So how the sperm find the egg?

Me: Erm.. he go inside and swim around and look around and see where is the egg lor..

Ace: So mummy, do sperms have EYES?


Me: ????!!! I dunno, Ace. You have to ask the sperm...


Anyway, when it comes to sex, i try to be as technical and as proper as possible. So I always use proper terms like sperm, egg, penis and vagina.. even though it is a little embarrassing for me to say such things...


Anyway, Ah Yee told me that the other day, while Ace was having a conversation with her, out of nowhere, he asked her, "Ah Yee, how do you say Penis in teochew?" (he has been trying to learn teochew and I have so far taught him to say "what are you talking about, how are you, have you eaten already" in teochew)

Ah Yee was shocked and told him she does not know and he said, "How come you don't know. You can speak teochew right?"


And Ah yee told him, "I don't know because when I talk to people, I don't use the world Penis in my conversation. So I don't know...


And Ace just accepted it as it is..


Previous Post: The Wolf Inside

No comments: