Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Operation Dubai


I never had a very good role model for this particular aspect of morals and ethics.. hahahahaa...

When I was young, my dad was often critical of my mother's cooking. And if my mother asked him why he was eating so much of it since he says it is such bad cooking, he would say, "It is because the chilli sauce is nice.."

And so, fast forward to 2o over years later and my dad is the one who cooks for the family, I think it is KARMA that he gets a picky grandson that he loves to bits who will complain this food is not nice, that food is not nice...

Ace is starting to be really picky about his food and is alway reliant on other people to feed him because there is always someone who is willing to feed him like Zeng Popo or Gonggong... After a week of being fed, he is requesting to be fed everyday. And he will throw a tantrum if say Gong Gong did not cook something that he want or did not cook anything that he likes to eat. So I had to rectify the problem by giving him a prep talk on appreciating when other people take effort to cook for you, instead of complaining why there is no food that you want to eat...

Alas, just a prep talk did not work.. a few days later, he was throwing a tantrum again.. so I asked him to go into the room because I want to talk to him...

"No, i don't want.. I know you want to scold me.." he said with his arms crossed and lips pursed. "I promise I will not scold you.." "Don't want, I know you want to ask me to mian bi si guo..." He said.. I told him promised him I am not going to do that and he finally walked into the room with me.. so I squat down, looked at him the eye and explained to him that gong gong has to spend alot of time to cut, clean and cook the food we eat.. and after that have to clean the pots and pans.. so he spend alot of time just so we have dinner to eat.. it is rude to complain and we should be more appreciative and i asked him how he would feel if he spent alot of time and effort to cook and I cried and complain there is nothing I want to eat... And he finally apologized to Gong Gong and ate quietly...

Anyway, because of his reluctance to feed himself, I came up with this GREAT idea called OPERATION DUBAI... I told Ace that because we want to visit Daddy in November and december.. and we might be going for a tour, Ace will have to learn a few things if he wants to come along as well..

I explained to Ace that we will be visiting Dubai so that we can visit and stay with Daddy and we might be even going on a family trip but when we are travelling overseas, it might not be easy to find vegeterian food, so leh, Ace has to learn to eat everything that we eat.. learn not to be picky.. and he has to learn to eat fast and do thing fast.. and he has also to learn to be independent and do things like sleep by himself, etc. He has to learn to do the best thing at the best time and not to throw tantrums or do naughty things...

And because we have to do alot of walking if we go on a tour, I told him he also has to practice walking alot.

So we have to remind him to start practising all these things.. starting from now for the trip... and when i told Ace that there is going to be alot of spicy food in Dubai, he agreed to even start learning to eat chilli! hahahaha..

Ah Yee even came up with a new slogan to remind Ace...
"Good boy, DUBAI... Bad Boy, BYE BYE (because mummy will go dubai alone and say bye bye to him).

Anyway, Operation Dubai has made my life MUCH MUCH simpler and it has given me good excuse to get my grandmother to stop feeding Ace and stop giving in to his tantrums. Ace also stopped having so much tantrums and is now willing ot eat by himself quickly:)

Go, go, go! Operation Dubai, Go!

PS: Operation Dubai is so useful. Ace started going to school on a school bus and when he complains he has no friends, I explain it is for him to practise making new friends cos when we go dubai, all our old friends in Singapore and we will need to make new friends.... and so he did:) haaha

Previous Post: I Don't Like To Stay In Popo House

No comments: