Monday, November 08, 2010

Mummy Don't Love Me


It is one thing to like marvel at Lency's tips about parenting and quite another to apply it in real life:)

I have been watching myself carefully for the past few days...

But leh, there will still come a time where u cannot control your temper and the time came today when we were having dinner.

Ace was complaining that the edge of his lips is still painful from the cold sore he had and so he wanted me to feed him. But he was not co-operative and either turned away or ran about and so I got really fed up.

And then finally after reminding him to sit down for umpteen times, he sat down and when I fed him, he complained, "Ouch! So pain!"

And then I felt like he was taking my efforts for granted and that he did not even appreciate what I did and still complained.. so I flared up and said in a loud voice, "Why can't you sit down properly when you eat your dinner?! Feed you still complain.."

And then he cried and ran away. My mother caught him and told him not to cry and that everything is okie.. "Mummy still loves you.."

"No, mummy dun love me anymore.. because she talk so loud to me... she dun love me anymore.."

So my mum tried to be the mediator and said, "Mummy, do you love Ace?"

"Yes... and I love him to sit down and eat his dinner by himself quickly.." I said..

"See, mummy still love you.. go and hug hug... stop crying..."

And then me and Ace hugged and I said I am sorry I shouted at him.. Alas, he still had a sad face..

"I already said I am sorry.. why you still look upset?" I asked him.

"Because I don't understand why you have to shout at me and scold me... you could have told me nicely what.. next time talk to me nicely, okie? You tell me softly okie?"

"Ok," I told him. "I am sorry I made you so upset.." and proceeded to share with him how I felt and how I was actually very frustrated.

And then we hugged one more time and became best friends again:) I am glad Ace is quite emotionally mature and expresses his needs nicely to me.

PS: At night before we slept, I still felt a little bad and said sorry to him again... he apparently forgot wat happened right after we made up! :) Hahahaha... and he smiled and told me when I recounted wat happened to him.. "You are very funny leh mummy, if you do wrong things, you say sorry once ok already.. i already forgive you... you so funny.. why you hve to say sorry so many times?"

Previous Post: I Want To Draw Buzz Lightyear

No comments: