Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Beun Momento Charity Run

 Max signed the whole family up for a charity run... I do not know much details except that I needed a pair of new running shoes:) OK i take back my words... a pair of new WALKING shoes:) hahahaha

We arrived a little earlier and there was some little carnival there...

 Ace's favorite game is this one where you use a rubberband gun to shoot at some cans... (which resulted in his rubberband gun frenzy afterwards....)


 Funny thing is.. when he used one hand.. he only shot down 3 cans. When he one hand one gun and shot like those heroes you see in the movie, he shot down 6 of them! Wahahahahahaha!


 Another one he likes and spent most his tickets playing is this shoot the duck thingy but it is a little more difficult to hit the ducks:)



 We took part in a lucky draw and won ourselves.. some MAMEE, some biscuits... and a roll of scotch tape.. which got Ace all so excited!

 Ace tried his luck at this roll the ping pong ball game. I think it is quite difficult but nevertheless fun:)

 He decided to do the gun game again and he says he is going to win a bag of cosmetics FOR ME:) THank you, Ace!

 He tried the lucky egg thingy but did not manage to get anything other than lots of raisins:) hahahaha

 Free cotton candy!!!!

 We are all ready for the run!

One round around Bishan Park where this event is held is 2.7 kilometers. Each round we run/walk, we will be able to raise an extra $1. Our plan is for Ace to follow Max and run together while I walk slowly. I told Ace once he is done he can go back to carnival to wait for me.


 Run mascot, Bugs Bunny:) hahahaha

 Not bad lah... Ace only ran one round but I only spent 200 metres running and walked the rest of the way!:)



 Max ran 3 rounds in total..

 I walked!!!! There was this group of young boys and girls in front of me who chatted as they walked:) Lao aunty me try to walk a little faster... so dun need to leave Ace alone too much.

 I paced myself along side a few people... when I started, I was pacing mysef against this aunty who was walking as well.. then as I overtook her, I paced myself against this lady in orange headgear... And I even paced myself to match the pace of this family.. dad and mum with a toddler and a 5 year old who are running/walking with stroller!

 Even saw some amazing young people jogging and juggling at the same time. How do they do that? I can't even RUN!


 After one round, I thought since I am walking.. just walk one more round and raise another dollar more lah. So I walked a second round. We started at 4pm and after almost an hour, I managed to walk two rounds and cover 5.4km. Ok lah, give myself a pat on the back. Even Max as impressed that I walked two rounds. I couldnt do round three though cos by then quite shagged liao.

 The blue shoes family!:)

 Resting after the run...



 Ace feeling unwell after he drank this energy drink that was so sweet it tasted like shit.. and burnt his throat...



 That is him doing the "I finished the run but I am so sad my throat is burning now.."

 He did feel better after drinking some water lah..

 When we went home, he took out the scotch tape and told me this is the favorite prize that he won! Alamak.. I told my friend and she said she going to buy Ace rows of scotch tapes or masking tapes for birthday:) Hahahaha...

The run is run by the Cultural Club in NTU. I must say that the students from NTU are very good at canvassing.. at the end of the run, we received a whole table full of funny funny things in the goody bags and as prizes for lucky draw and stuff.... there is skin care, tissue, scotch tape, biscuits, snacks, sweets, soy milk, bottled mushroom, sausages, pens, notesbooks, women and children's magazines.. etc etc etc..

Ace says he wants to join again next year:)

Previous Post: Gone Fishing!

No comments: