Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Pandora

Every Mothers' Day, we will combine present with my mum's birthday.

This year, I asked my Popo what she wanted... to my surprise, she said that she liked the very nice bracelet that she saw on her other friends...

After asking more, I realized she meant PANDORA Bracelet..


"Wah, that one very expensive one leh.." I told her...

"Aiyah, like tat then you all very got face when pple ask me.. I saw my daughters buy for me one..." She said.. and added tat the beads are cheaper in australia...

It suddenly dawned on me that not only does she know that it is expensive, she knows exactly how much it cost! I never thought though that my mother will ask for something as vain as a Pandora bracelet!:) wahahahaha... I really thought she will ask for something useful as she is a rather pragmatic person:) Even Ace was suprised:)



I told my sis and she said, "I asked her she said no need to buy.. why you ask her she say she want bracelet.. I think she wants YOU to buy for her.. not me.." hahaha...

Anyway, finally we had chance to bring her to the store and choose her charms... Ace came along and offered his suggestions but I think his taste and popo taste quite different:)


Final selection. The dangling one with a heart and rose is mothers day special edition.



My aunty also very cute wor.. she found out that my mum asked for this and then when out shopping, bought two charms for my mum as well....

THe other day, mum wore it out and when she came back, I asked her, "Anyone asked you about the bracelet?" She said no..

I think my mum never really had a chance to enjoy the more fancy things in life when we were growing up. Perhaps she is someone who really likes this sort of thing but she made pragmatic choices to give me and my sister a better life through our difficult times growing up.

The other day, she told me that she really likes the song, 时间哪儿去了that she heard on The Voice China 3.




It was a song about how a parent wonders where did all the time go becos they had forgotten to live for themselves and did everything for their children. Now their children are all grown up, they ask themselves where did all their time go...  For a while it made me feel guilty about robbing my mum of her life with all my needs growing up. I know she literally gave everything to us and lived for the day both of us got married.

However, I remembered tat what my mum will want most is not for me to feel guilty but to lead a full and happy life and make good use of all she has given me. And so I decided I should forgive myself and lead a good life instead.

Mum asked if I wanted to get a bracelet.. maybe can share charms... Erm.. Sorry, mum, I dun really like this pandora thing even though the idea of one charm for every special event or moment is interesting...

Give me a diamond tennis bracelet at those kind of pricing anyday:) hahahaha..

Previous Post: So Touched Ne

No comments: