Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Had A Whistle And I Loved To Blow It

When Ace's school organized a gathering at the botanic gardens, they sent out a letter to ask for donations of prizes for the games.

I missed out the letter because somehow, Ace did not pass the letter to me. About 3 days before the due date to pass the school the presents, his teacher called and asked me if I am donating anything... and I was told I have to donate 60 pieces of something..

So i went out shopping and searched high and low for something that i can donate.. I wanted it to be something cheap (Ace's birthday was in the same month and I had to spend quite a bit on his birthday) and something that I think the children might enjoy and love.

After alot of picking and choosing, I finally found something I am happy to buy and something I think all the children will love-- whistles! :) hahaha..

Anyway, at the end of the contests, when all the prizes were given out..the parents gave an "Awwwww.." sound when they saw the whistles but the kids were all SO HAPPY and blowing the whistles on their way home...

So why did I think whistles are the BEST choice and that it is something that the children will love?

Here is the answer...


I probably based it on my son who LOVES whistles ;)

I saw this when I went to his school for a talk and it seems that he is the only person who remembered the whistles and talked about it :) hahahaha..

PS: The picture he drew of that day in the botanic gardens is that of a man exercising in one of the tents and him playing outside in the garden.

Previous Post: Can I Cancel My Swimming Lessons?

No comments: