Thursday, July 15, 2010

Real Or Bluff


As Ace is an avid TV viewer and I noticed that he learnt alot of things from TV (like slapping himself and saying he is a bad boy), I had a talk with him about how many a times, things he sees on TV are not true and are NOT REAL.

For example, I explained to him, Transformers are not real. That is because in real life, there are no transformers.

So after that, whenever he watches ANY show, he will ask me, "Mummy, is this show 真真的还是假假的?"

And then after that, I started explaining to him that most shows like movies and dramas are not real. The people inside are merely actors and actresses who act out a particular character.

Then one day, while watching the Taiwanese drama, AI, he asked me if the boy and the girl in the show are only pretending to be friends... it is some messy storyline with people pretending to be pally with each other to gain their trust... I did not quite understand his question initially and asked him who are pretending to be friends and he retorted, "Aiyah, I am talking about Guo Congmin and the pretty jie jie lah..."

I am most surprised though when I gave him an affirmative answer and he asked me if Guo Congmin and Hong Zhizhong are the bad guys in the show.

I wonder how he knows their full names and that they are bad guys given that he doesnt really watch the show... he is mostly playing with his toys or watching some other cartoon on the computer during the show. Maybe he absorbs faster when he watches things on tv because I spent half an hour teaching him to recognize the numbers 11, 15 and 20 and to no avail. He still cannot recognize them by sight... HAI... Maybe have to flash them on TV.. HAHAHAHAHAHA...

PS: Recently he saw Xie Ming Ming's face on tv and exclaimed, "Mummy, that is wah meng ti!"

PPS: Now after many times of asking me.. Ace will tell me which shows are "real" and which shows "are bluff one"...

Previous Post: Ace's Swimming Photos

No comments: