Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Missing Daddy












Before Max left, he brought Ace out for a sumptous Japanese meal at Waraku and afterward, they saw people flying kites and decided to go kite flying together...





I think during Max's 2 wk stint back in sgp, they also did alot of fun things together like reading story books lah, sleeping together lah.. playing games together... going out together, swimming together... etc

So literally, everything we did, ate and saw kind of reminded Ace ab0ut his Daddy.

So it is little to wonder that during many of our late night conversations, DADDY is the most commonly talked about topic.

One night, Ace told me, "Mummy, I really miss daddy very much leh, I am so sad daddy is not here, can you tell me good news?"

So after awhile, I decided to tell him about the friends that daddy have in dubai.

"There is Adam, Ah Gan..."

And Ace laughed and said that "Ah Gan" is like a GUN. When I showed Ace his photo on FB, he laughed and said that Uncle Ah Gan looks like a policeman.. so that is why his name is A GUN. Hahahaha...

And then I told him there is also Aunty Charlotte Book who is a very good cook and he laughed and said he doesnt know how to pronounce "Charlotte"... "This name sounds like salad!" and he giggled again. I cannot help but laugh with him and so seeing that I find it funny, he is encouraged to come up with a name for everyone..

And so, Ai Ching Jie Jie became AI AI... because Ace says she has alot of love.. HAHAHAHA...

Only Adam is the lucky one who escaped unscathed as just Uncle Adam.. HAHAHA..

When I was in school that day, Ace's teacher told me that when Ace went to school on monday, he looked really sad.

"I asked him why he is so sad... and I have never seen him so sad before in so many years in school... so he said his daddy went back to dubai and he is very sad because he misses his daddy.. so i talked to him a little and at the end, he finally looked happy and told me, 'I can see my daddy very soon.. i going to dubai very soon..' and afterward, he seem to be much happier thereon.."

But I think Ace still misses Max very much.

The other day, when I picked him up from school, he looked really tired and so i asked him if he took his afternoon nap.

"No lah.. never..." he said. When I asked him why, he continued, "Idon't feel like sleeping... because I am missing daddy..."

"So what did you do if you did not sleep?" I asked him..

"I sit there and think of daddy lah... and then I play with my friends lah.."

Previous Post: Goodbye Is The Hardest Thing To Do

No comments: