Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Not So Surprise Birthday Party For Max













It was a day of HIGHS and LOWs for Ace.

Before Max came back, I was thinking about how i should celebrate with Max. When his friends suggested a gathering, I was thinking maybe we could do a surprise birthday party for him.. but I was undecided about how he would respond or whether he would prefer a celebration between the two of us only...in the end, I decided to go ahead with the secret party because I felt he would probably enjoy it...

So I sent out an email and there came and received an array of interesting replies:)

Angel Wrote:
Harlow

You guys were talking about having some sort of gathering right? I tot since Max's BD is round the corner, let's organize a "SECRET SURPRISE PARTY" for Max. Theme will be "SINGAPORE FOODS dearly missed" (vegeterian). His BD on 6th Sept which is a mon.. i was thinking of doing sunday night celebration...Very sorry for the very late notice cos I was sitting the idea for a while till now then decide to take action.. hope it is not too last min for most of you....

Melvin, is it too abrupt to book ur function room? If not, I guess will have to hold it in my place.. but if i pack up my place suddenly, he will wonder why.. can you let me know of it is avail and how much it will cost? Or anyone else can suggest any other place?
Pls let me know if you are coming and wat foods you will bring:)

Some of Max's fav foods for your reference: Prata, Mee goreng, Roti John, Cai Taoguay, vegeterian fried prawn noodles, deep fried mushroom, veg laksa, fried chou dou and BEER..HAHAHAHAHA

Love
Angel

Germaine Wrote:Angel, Melvin is outstationed in Papua new guinea now n he has no Internet access.
I hv checked e booking at my plc n it's not available. :(

Thomas Wrote:
I will check if my place is avail….

Angel Wrote:
Okie, Thomas, pls book and see 0k or not:) And let me know...if not thomas place then my place...
A little squeezy but I think still can party ;)So we fix at 7pm on 5th sept 2010 :) I already told Max i booking his time and ask him not to make other appts for tat date...
Anyone can give me shengda, guohui & vincent's HP number? i scared they no check email so was thinking of calling them...So far coming (i assume based on response):
TGS: Thomas, Gerard, Sijia
MTG: Mel (if he is back by then, Tiff, Germaine)
DKK (Dragon, Kym, Kayla)
AMA: Angel, Max, Ace
KCB: Karen, ChiKong and Baby
So wat foods would you be bringing?
LoveAngel

Shengda Wrote (at 3am in the morning):

Yo yo yo,

Exciting! Will be there with Irene.

Um I'm already not good with (normal) food, not to mention vegetarian food, so that's why I usually go for the safer stuff like milk, liquor or fruits. Even then, things can also go wrong (anyone remembers the ice kachang ice-cream back in the 90s?).

Like to suggest - If we're having it at your place, is it ok if we packet food from the vegetarian restaurant nearby? Feels safer that the birthday boy will like the food.

Hey if at your place, I think we can also try the "each-family-turn-up-at-5mins-interval-and-see-how-long-birthday-boy-get-it" move. But we all have to cook up some excuses la. Think I will say we are dropping by the nude exhibition at Bedok library...

In any case, I think it's going to be fun :)

Angel Peng Wrote:
Dear all

thanks to Thomas for securing a location! :)

Ok, now we have location and you guys already arranged for the games.. so who bringing the beer, the kopi/tea and who is bringing wat food?

Actually, on second thoughts, just to make it simple, just bring anything you want lah.. i afraid it might be too taxing and tough for you guys to have go out of the way to get vegeterian food.. as long as got beer and good company, I think Max is happy cos we already "attacked" most of his much missed foods.. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I think I will use excuse tat I asked Sijia to buy something for me and have to go and collect from her...

Love
AngelJason Wrote:I can’t confirm my attendance. I might show up with some veg and some none veg food.

From Shengda:
Hope to see you there man. Heard you bigger size than Vincent liao :PI will bring a bit of liquor. Think he likes the cloudy bay stuff. I will bring vegetarian popiah too, plus something else. See what I find on the way. Maybe chicken wing cooked with vegetable oil? Nottttt....Hey you guys will update the food right? I will have a good laugh if all of us bring the same stuff, like 50 packets of teh halia. Haha. heehee.. hahaha.Exciting...Sent from my OK Computer

Thomas tan Wrote:
Everyone has to reach here before the birthday boy, else there will not be any element of surprise.

Angel what time will your family reach here?Sent from my iPhone

Germaine Wrote:
Hey Shengda,

Is tat a new brand of computer? OK brand?? Hahaha... U've indeed brightened up our early sat morning.. Tiffany asked me wat I was laughing abt n I told her ur brand of computer is called OK n she said tell u ur computer will b spoilt... Sent from my iPhone

Melvin Tan Wrote: Hihi to all,

Looks like I miss out some fun. I will bring some beer since no one mention beer yet.

See what I find on the way. Maybe vegetables cooked with chicken oil?
Sent from my not bad, white 3Gs iPhone
***** ***** *****

I contemplated whether to tell Ace about it but felt better to keep mum as Ace is not a very good secret keeper.

Anyway, my plan of action is that I told Max that I booked SUNDAY evening to celebrate with him and asked him not to make appts during that time. And then I pretended that i forgot to tell my mum to take care of Ace so we have to bring Ace along... and then I told him that we would be going to pick up something from my friend cos I asked her to buy something for me (the location of pick up is where the party is...)

And then the group of friends arrived at 6pm and started planning furthur. The final plan was that I am supposed to ask max to collect for me cos it is too heavy and they will pretend they forgot we are coming to pick things up.. and then another fren willcome and drive and park his car somewhere else... But just when the fren came to pick up the car, Max walked out and saw us! So pichar lobang lor! Hahaha....

And luckily I did not tell Ace the secret. I told him I have a secret planned for daddy and he immediately went to tell his daddy... luckily Max thought the secret was that I asked my friend to buy a secret present for him.. hahaha (Ace afterward told me, "I only told daddy about the present, I keep secret, I never tell daddy about the party... HAHAHA)

Anyway, it was a night of HIGHS and LOW for Ace.

It was a high when we were singing the birthday song... because Ace was dancing away happily like it was HIS birthday! Hahahaaha

And it was a LOW later when the gang tried to throw Max into the pool... the final act of them throwing Max into the pool was not captured in the camera because by then, Ace was crying SOOOO loudly, I had to go and hug him and pacify him...

(But you can view the video here)






Even when Max came up from the pool and I kept telling him that Daddy is ok and that his friends were just having fun with him.. Ace was still crying like his father died like tat...

Afterward when he is all cooled down, I asked him why he was crying so badly and he told me, "I was very worried for daddy, they all do naughty things to daddy..."

And when I watched the video, then I realized that he must have really been traumatized because he saw his daddy being carried out and tried to safe him but couldnt... gosh.... my heart went out to Ace when I saw that...

Anyway, I explained again that Daddy and friends were just playing lah.. and in the end, Max, Thomas and Vincent all went into the pool and so Ace was ok after that. Now when he watches the video, he will happily tell us that he is the one crying in the background:) Hahahaha...



Previous Post: Resort World Sentosa Day 3 + Universal Studios

No comments: