Saturday, September 04, 2010

Together?


This birthday... my birthday, Max's birthday... can we be together or not?

For me, it was a given. Initially before Max left for dubai, he promised me he would come back to celebrate our birthdays. Because of this, I grin and bear with not seeing him for 4 months... so that he can come back for a longer time during our birthday week...

But as fate and all good drama serials have it, the unexpected has to happen so as to make life interesting.... all of a sudden, Max is told that he is unable to take leave and if he does still come back, it will have to be unpaid leave... which means he will likely not choose to come back in the end.....

The possibility of that happening was both shocking and heart wrenching to me....and the most dramatic thing about it.. I found out.. my the day i was celebrating my chinese birthday.

I thought for a very long time and decided that I have to tell Ace about this possiblity....so that he will not be too disappointed. I was expecting alot of tantrums or crying but Ace just asked me, "ah... why?" And then when I explained that Daddy's boss dun allow him to come back, Ace whispered to me, "Daddy's boss is a 笨蛋 because they don't let daddy t0 come back..." and he smiled cheekily... I was surprised that he expressed exactly how I feel but my inner thoughts were not in such refined words.... (Think along the KNN, CCB, F lines)

I broke down too.. when the news finally sinked in, I was really upset and started crying and my very cute son came and tried to console me, "Mummy, nevermind, you still with me in Singapore more, I am still close to you mah....and Daddy and everyone always inside our hearts....Daddy has to work and has to see his boss... but daddy will work very fast one...and Daddy also cry when he think of you.. he cry three times.. one time when he at home, one time in office and one time when he on computer to talkk to you... So are you happy already? can you smile already?" And I did feel slightly better....

As the day progressed on, I realized that Ace did not take to it as well as I thought. He was whiny and finally by around 10pm or so, he broke down and started crying.. because he wanted daddy to come back so the he can celebrate my birthday with daddy and me. When I asked him why he was crying, he told me, "Because I was so close to you when you cry and when i touch you, I can feel your sad... so now I cry lor.. because u also cry..." I didn't know I have a POV trainer in making...

Anyway, while we were watching TV, Ace watched a show now tat teaches pple how to play with this toy called Bey Blade.. Ace says he will buy three of them.. one for him, one for daddy and one for mummy and nevermind if we do not know how to play because now that he watched this show, he can teach us how to play...

"But you have to do good things then I can teach you.... For you, mummy, you have to play with me.. for Daddy... I will tell him you cannot go dubai.."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

PS: In the end, ALL IS GOOD.. MAX IS BACK! YIPEE!

Previous Post: A Hee And Nat Nat

No comments: