Friday, September 10, 2010

Resort World Sentosa Day 3 + Universal Studios














































Well, day 3 started off with a bad strategy the night before...



Daddy bought water guns for Ace and told Ace that whoever wakes up first can use the watergun to shoot the other person... so Ace, not wanting to lose out, WOKE UP AT 7.40am, flipped open the curtains and told us to wake up because the light it shining and it is morning already....



So we had an early breakfast and spent some time in the pool.



Initially we planned to go back after an hour to rest a while and let Ace take a short nap. Alas, Ace was just happy to run around and finally when we checked out, he did not have his nap at all...



So Universal Studios got off to a bad start with Ace feeling tired, hot and hungry...



He kept complaining that it was too hot, or that he was hungry and kept dragging his feet. Lunch was a huge problem as the only place where we all could eat together was some indian restaurant which served veg food but WAS SPICY... headache ah!



And then, because he was tired and hungry, Ace was not interested in anything. Anything we asked him to try, he said he did not want to try...



The only part where he enjoyed was FarfarAway where we watched a 4D movie...



After that, he was basically complaining and grumpy.. which made me really grumpy as well. At that point, I had a realization that I am really not that type of mother who would sacrifice everything for her son.. cos I just wanted to play and have fun and IGNORE ACE! hahahaha... i think of how some 2 mths later, I will be going to DUBAI and be FORCED to be stuck with Ace and learn to bring him along and include him in every social activity I have (if i have any), I want to die and faint... hahahahaha....



When I attended a talk not so long ago, I was told that ang moh parents really enjoy their children and bring them everywhere.. I wonder how they do it.. cos most of the time I just wanted to leave my son at home and go out and play on my own.. I dun mind bringing Ace out soemtimes but I never understood why people like to bring their children EVERYWHERE they go....



This trip, I initially wanted to only bring him along for one night but inspired by this and because he was such good company throughout the past 4 mths when max was not around, I decided to include him all the way...



It was really trying training for me though... But in retrospect, it is great tat we in the end decided to go home since Ace seem not to enjoy himself at all... cos Ace fell asleep on the way home and slept all the way till 7pm.... woke for a few hours and continued to sleep all the way till the next morning at 9 plus! He must have been REALLY tired...

I guess I might want to visit Universal Studios again.. but this time, maybe with frens or just with Max alone:) hahahahaha.... and I guess I will try to spend a full day there... will be better prepared the next time! :) hahahaha...



Anyway, I told Ace that if he were to always throw tantrum when I bring him out, I might not want to bring him out so often in the end. Max says i shouldnt be a control freak and EXPECT Ace to be happy all the time even when he does not enjoy something..



I am trying to think of how to communicate this to Ace. I do not mind him telling me that he does not enjoy something but I would like him to try and be involved and try to enjoy himself to his best of ability when we are out together...I just havent decided where to draw the line....



Oh well, I think I have two more months to work on it before I bring Ace to Dubai ;)



Previous Post: Resort World Sentosa Day 2

No comments: