Thursday, January 26, 2017

Keng Lye Exhibition Again

Last year, after I did my hair at my favorite Private Hair Salon, I went to visit this exhibition by this artist called Keng Lye... His speciality is to draw in between layers of acrylic to produce paintings in containers that look like there are fishes swimming inside....

I was suitably impressed  and pleasantly surprised to find out that he is having another exhibition again... at the same location... so I decided I will go see see look look after my CNY hair do :) hahah..

 Finished doing my hair.. time to head to the exhibition!

 THis year's poster quite impressive... But actually I think I prefer last year's works better. Maybe I went with very high expectations after being so impressed last year... cos I feel like the fishes looked like they are swimming inside the containers!

This year though, I dunno issit the lighting or the way the exhibition is displayed.. the fishes look very 2D to me... totally dun look like they  are swimming... so I was a tad disappointed...

Good thing is they allow me to slowly see.. slowly take pictures..



 THis is the reason why you can see the see through fins.. cos he ill paint a thin layer.. pour some acrylic over.. and paint the areas that needed to be darker a few more layers... so the fish looks 3D...

I think it is brilliant that they threw some fish shit or worms inside... makes the whole thing more believable.. I wish my goldfish at home lived in a place like this:) Hahahaha..




 This looks familiar! Could be the same one as last year..

 THe fish is painted using layers.. so from left the fish looks blue.. from right the fish looks red:)

 Love the prawns as usual...








 This year, he made use of more wooden containers.. I like!:)






 THe housewife in me looked at this... and wondered.. HOw co clean and how often do you need to clean an art piece like this.. once it collects dust.. this thing is not nice anymore..







 If you noticed many of the works have water ripples on them... I think to make them look more alive... But I wonder how he does that.. how do you let the acrylic dry into the shape of a ripple?


 I was taking this photo happily with my iphone 6S camera... when I noticed they were playing is showing the same piece... I bet taken by professionnal photog with some sort of special lighting;)

 I took a photo of the video... and I think mine looks more alive leh:) hahahahaha

 Another pic from the video... So the details are added bit by bit....

 Till you get this...




 Again, I think the pic I took  of this piece titled Nature In Nature is nicer:) LOL.... hahahahha



 Pouring in the acrylic...


 Goldfish in gold bowl.. huat ah!


 Love the worms.. look so alive... but pity the fishes look flat...



 THen on way home, I realized the sunlight makes my hair colour very nice and outstanding...

 If I may say...


It is quite a work of art by my stylist, Leslie!:) hahahahahha....

Previous Post: Pepper Bae Singapore

No comments: