Saturday, July 25, 2015

Feels Like Wenzhou Supermarket In Dubai

The other day, a friend of ours posted a picture of some dim sum on FB and I started to have a dim sum craving... So I kept bugging Max to bring me go eat dim sum:) haha..

So Max did some homework, found out that a vegeterian restaurant in chinatown has dimsum and our family happily went there to have dinner.

When we arrived, we found out that they only served dim sum for lunch! What a bummer! So we just ordered food and eat lah. Heng it is not too bad:)

Anyway, we drove past Yu Hua Guo Huo when we were trying to find parking and there was a Korean Sale.. so we thought we will walk over and see see look look when we are done with dinner.

When we arrived and stepped in, I felt almost as if I was back in Dubai!

First storey was all the shoes and clothes... at cheap cheap prices! Feels like outlet mall in dubai.. ONLY thing was tat the sporting goods there looked a little fake.... so Max says he will not buy even though it looks cheap..

And then we walked up to the KOREAN fair and realized it is very sad lor.. very small corner and dun sell much...

 Then Max saw this and told Ace... "Look, this bottle so cute one... can drink from the top!"

Ace very excited and opened it and tried to put near his mouth to do a action of drinking water only to realize later tat it is portable urine bottle! THey even have a special shape for girls too..

So Ace was so upset tat his dad played this prank on him cos he says so dirty.. we assured him this demo definitely has not been used before and I reminded him that he should NEVER NEVER EVER put thing near or into our mouth!

Then leh, we went to the section where they sold art pieces and what nots... very nice to walk around there and we wondered if we will see the goldfish cups our friend posted online the other time and we really found it!


 So pretty right? If you pour water or tea in I tell you, the fish will look alive lor!

Very unfortunately, they are very expensive... these sets are like $200+... so  I guess I have to make do with just looking at them and admiring their photo from time to time.

But what really made me feel like I am back in Dubai is when we walked into the food section, Ifeel like I am back in Wenzhou Supermarket in Dubai! THat was the place we did our marketing every week! All the things sold in that place are so familiar.. familiar snacks, familiar lay out....

I really miss dubai and our life there.. even though I am also very glad to be back:)

The other day though, I was talking to Ace's friend's mum when they were visiting and she was telling me about all the changes happening in Dubai. My takeaway is that even if we did not leave dubai, life will still be maybe different cos many things would have changed too.

Many people we know left.. many things we were familiar with has changed.

So I guess.. as they say, the only thing constant in life is- ChANGE:)

Previous Post: Goal Setting

No comments: